Has there been any word when Atrix might be getting the updates to allow us to to have Netflix or better the Amazon app store? I am not interested in rooting my phone but have not been able to find anything on possible dates.
    05-30-2011 05:22 PM
    You don't have to be rooted to sideload. Just use the AndroidCentral Sideload Wonder Machine.
    05-30-2011 08:56 PM
    You don't have to be rooted to sideload. Just use the AndroidCentral Sideload Wonder Machine.

I used that to sideload to Amazon App Store, now when I try to download apps from it, I get an error since it still doesn't have the ability to access 3rd party apps.
    05-31-2011 08:50 PM
    Yeah, I use that as a work around.
    But, come on AT&T! You promised you were going to allow the Amazon App to work on the Atrix a long time ago. What's the hold up? Oh, sorry. What am I saying. I forgot we were dealing with AT&T here. Their idea of "soon" is in the same decade.
    06-01-2011 10:22 AM
    I got the Amazon App store thru the side loader and have the same prob when I d/l from Amazon. So what do I do to get the apk from Amazon?
    06-01-2011 05:32 PM
    I got the Amazon App store thru the side loader and have the same prob when I d/l from Amazon. So what do I do to get the apk from Amazon?
    If you spent the effort to use the sideload wonder machine, you can also spend roughly the same effort to root and enable side-loading. It's pretty trivial now.
    06-01-2011 06:04 PM
    Yeah, I use that as a work around.
    But, come on AT&T! You promised you were going to allow the Amazon App to work on the Atrix a long time ago. What's the hold up? Oh, sorry. What am I saying. I forgot we were dealing with AT&T here. Their idea of "soon" is in the same decade.
    Gingerbread update for Atrix (2.3.3) will bring sideloading awsomeness to the atrix! wooo
    06-01-2011 06:17 PM
    Gingerbread update for Atrix (2.3.3) will bring sideloading awsomeness to the atrix! wooo
    how do you know this
    06-01-2011 07:14 PM
    what I did was use gingerbreak to root my Atrix than gladEnable to allow side loading. Then installed Amazon app store.
    06-01-2011 08:26 PM
    Ignore post
    06-01-2011 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD