There are a pluthera of threads on the forums surrounding "not getting facebook notifications".
    Facebook Notifications!
    Facebook Notifications don't work!

Sadly, I am fed up with not getting any notifications from the native facebook app. While its not crucial, sometimes it is nice to see the notification in the notification bar, rather than opening the app. I've double (and triple) checked all notification settings in the native app itself and everything checks out.

What are some of the facebook apps you guys use besides the native one (which is a pile of steam rolled dog $@%# if you ask me )
    05-31-2011 12:00 PM
    Personally I HATE any of the FB apps..whether it was on BB, iphone or android. I personally use the LauncherPro Friends widget to monitor my FB and Twitter feeds. This also allows me to comment on other peoples status right from the widget..and then if there is anything else I need to see I go directly to the full FB website via my browser.

As for notifications..all's I get with this method is if people respond to a status I've commented on or if they're commenting on mine..then I'll receive an email notifying me. This is all I care about personally..because I don't care when someone's updated their profile pic or anything like that..
    05-31-2011 12:53 PM
    Try Tweetdeck, it works great with your Facebook and Twitter feeds.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    06-10-2011 11:53 AM