Gingerbread for the Atrix 4G coming between June and July.

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site
With the things moto has rolling out, it'd be great to see them get this early... but I'm not holding my breath. I am anticipating late 3rd quarter. But if its earlier, you won't hear me complain any.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Gee, after that last big "update," which has done absolutely nothing to my experience, this is another non-event.

Well I highly doubt that it'll be a "non-event" I am looking forward to this update for number of reasons: larger file support, multicore support, improved copy/paste and gtalk face-time calling. Also I'm hoping as the 2.3 manages multicore processors better it may fix the problem with processor overheating, So yeahh.... last "big update" was mainly adressing a number of minor fixes plus enabling HSPA+ speeds, But gingerbread is going to deliver a much better user experience than froyo and all those "last big updates" altogether...

HackNet

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You Almost forgot...

Well I highly doubt that it'll be a "non-event" I am looking forward to this update for number of reasons: larger file support, multicore support, improved copy/paste and gtalk face-time calling. Also I'm hoping as the 2.3 manages multicore processors better it may fix the problem with processor overheating, So yeahh.... last "big update" was mainly adressing a number of minor fixes plus enabling HSPA+ speeds, But gingerbread is going to deliver a much better user experience than froyo and all those "last big updates" altogether...

--------------------

You almost forgot that the file system will be updated to EXT4 instead of its current laggy slow file system pre-installed by Motorola. Anyways, I agree with you on this. This should be quite an event for Motorola and us Atrix 4Gerr's

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
--------------------

You almost forgot that the file system will be updated to EXT4 instead of its current laggy slow file system pre-installed by Motorola. Anyways, I agree with you on this. This should be quite an event for Motorola and us Atrix 4Gerr's

yes EXT4 thats right. and also I'm curious to see a revised motoblur UI I might have to stick to it instead of using launcher pro (which is actually quite good too) Judging from the video it looks kinda interesting....
oh and it would be really awesome if they'd get rid of that useless webtop thing and replace it with a fully functional HDMI mirroring so I could play games on big screen TV just like LG optimus and all other normal phones do......

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
It's going to be 2.3.3. I have CM7 running on other phones and I'm dying to get Voice and Video GTalk on the atrix. Too bad Moto/AT&T can't release an up-to-date version with their release cycles.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The way testing cycles go they have to freeze on some version so they can add all of there garbage to it. :)

I'm wondering if root is going to be lost since Google patched the exploit that Ginger Break used in 2.3.3

smcastillo

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Ken over on XDA has gotten a beta copy of the update and is working on it right now, but as it stands they fixed the "hole" that gingerbreak was using to gain root.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
you can use the webtop to play games big screen,just enlarge the phone view.Or you can just get the hdmi mirroring on your phone to have both webtop and hdmi mirroring,and enjoy both things.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
you can use the webtop to play games big screen,just enlarge the phone view.Or you can just get the hdmi mirroring on your phone to have both webtop and hdmi mirroring,and enjoy both things.
I have webtop enabled but playing games in it is impossible because phone's display turns into a virtual mouse. How do you enable a real HDMI mirroring? I dont care about webtop at all I dont need it. I need to be able to see the game on my phone and on TV screen so I could use the in-game controls. How can you do that? Thanks.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
btw guys I have a question.... my phone is currently rooted and webtop hack enabled.. will i be able to update my phone with Android 2.3 OTA and will it remove root and webtop hack? I dont care about webtop hack i'm not using it anyway. I can always unroot the phone, its no problem but i think reversing back the webtop to defaults maybe a hassle so i'm hoping the OTA will do it itself. I know im askign ahead of time but maybe some of you had a simular experience with other android phones. thanks!

Last edited:

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
You'll be able to upgrade, but my guess is you'll lose root and hacks. If you want to maintain root don't upgrade your phone till the guys at XDA have a method worked out for rooting. Then upgrade and make the changes.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually I didnt really make it clear.You cnaplay most atrix games on the webtop,but with HDMI mirroring you can play emulators.GB brings both webtop and HDMI mirroring so you can go into root explorer and enable mirroring when you want to play other games its pretty kool

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You'll be able to upgrade, but my guess is you'll lose root and hacks. If you want to maintain root don't upgrade your phone till the guys at XDA have a method worked out for rooting. Then upgrade and make the changes.

You can just flash back to a stock firmware and do a reset,and get the upadate too thats the best way cause you get a nice clean install

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2