Google Sync issue question

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey fellas, i been having an issue with google sync, and i cant seem to find a solution for it.

Question/Problem: I have a gmail account and have all of the "contact" "calender" gmail" checked on my phone. It also says these three categories were synced at X date and X time (latest is today at 12:25AM june 3, 2011). however, when i go onto gmail through the computer and check under "contact", only 9 of the 170 contacts i have are safely store in the gmail account.

These 9 contacts happens to be 9 contacts that were added to my phone in the past few weeks.
I just export my contacts onto the SD card just incase but just want reassuring that i can sync all of my contacts and not just these 9 via OTA.

2nd question: When (hopefully) I sell my atrix, after completely doing a factory reset and internal storage wipe, the new owner can make a new motoblur account with this phone as if the phone was first purchase, and will not have access to any of my information, correct?

Thanks in advance fellas.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I can answer question 2 for you.
I get a lot of used devices in my office, some of them Motorola devices with Blur.
When we hard reset them it asks us to log into blur to continue. We have a shared work blur account to be able to test devices. Once we fully test a device we hard reset it again so our customers will have a phone thats ready to be used.
The blur login is independent of the device. Once its hard reset they would need to log in with your credentials to get access to your stuff.

Reactions: JusticeCalibur

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey fellas, i been having an issue with google sync, and i cant seem to find a solution for it.

Question/Problem: I have a gmail account and have all of the "contact" "calender" gmail" checked on my phone. It also says these three categories were synced at X date and X time (latest is today at 12:25AM june 3, 2011). however, when i go onto gmail through the computer and check under "contact", only 9 of the 170 contacts i have are safely store in the gmail account.

These 9 contacts happens to be 9 contacts that were added to my phone in the past few weeks.
I just export my contacts onto the SD card just incase but just want reassuring that i can sync all of my contacts and not just these 9 via OTA.

2nd question: When (hopefully) I sell my atrix, after completely doing a factory reset and internal storage wipe, the new owner can make a new motoblur account with this phone as if the phone was first purchase, and will not have access to any of my information, correct?

Thanks in advance fellas.

For #1, I suggest double-checking your groups. Sounds to me not all your groups are being synced--try moving your contacts into the same group that the 9 synced ones are.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance