Text messaging.

Shawn James

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Alright Idk what happened. Yesterday around 1 in the afternoon I just stopped receiving text messages. At first I thought that no one was answering me lol but then I got a few phone calls from people who are asking why i'm not responding to them. I had this issue with picture messages before and I don't know how I fixed it.

I took my battery out and sim card, nothing happernd. I turned off launcher pro, still nothing. I checked my features on att website and nothing seems to be changed. so Idk people are reviving messages I sent but i'm not gettitng any replies. help.

I even tried text messaging my self and it is sent out but never received. I'm getting annoyed

Last edited:

k20z3kid#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hm... That is annoying. Maybe it is a network issue? Try doing a hard reset/wipe and see if that helps! If that doesn't then just give ATT a call.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Definitely call at&t, I've had a friend have that crap happen before too...SMS/MMS never got to their phone for days.

attweco

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I add my vote to "call ATT".

Same thing happened to me, but on a different phone. Somehow(no explanation given), my plan magically got changed, and I was no longer enrolled in SMS/MMS. They put it right, immediately.

End of problem.

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
There is a limit to how many text messages you can have on your device. You need to delete your old messages and/or raise the limit. Launch your Text Messaging app, hit the Menu button, and select Messaging Settings. At the top of your screen you should see the Message Limit, which is usually 200 messages by default. Adjust accordingly.

Shawn James

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Lol @ pay your bill.

But anyway... I called att they had me do a million things.. finally the tech support guy told me to take my sim card out and put it into another phone. I did and i started loading text messages... then i put it back in my phone and it worked fine.

The guy didn't give me any explanation of why it happened tho.

Thanks for your help guys

Shawn James

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Alright so it happend again yesterday. I don't know why it keeps happening but I had to take my sim card out and put it in another phone again.

I uninstalled launcher pro.. maybe that will help it. Launcher pro was laggy and froze my phone a lot. Kinda got annoying. I just wish I didn't spend the 3$ on it or whatever it was.

Well If anyone can help me and tell me why this keeps happening and how to stop it i'm all ears?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles