Okay I am a complete n00b. I had a stock captivate with 2.2, eventually rooted with SuperOneClick. I recently flashed to 2.3.4 using Odin single file PDA flash.
    Model: SAMSUNG SGH-I897
    Firmware: 2.3.4
    Baseband: I897UCKH3
    Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I897UCKH3-CL461307
    Build: GINGERBREAD.UCKH3

So far the only issue I can see is when I get an incoming call it vibrates for a second and sends the caller directly to voicemail. My phone says I missed a call, and get a big NO sign where my wireless signal is supposed to be (circle with a line through it). Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also I've noticed that the tethering app shutsdown at the same time. Phone is not rooted after 2.3.4 flash.
    09-13-2011 08:40 PM
    I had the same problem, did a factory reset; settings>privacy>factory data reset. worked great after that.
    update: if you flash the kernel with root, you will have to redo the factory reset
    id4398 likes this.
    09-14-2011 08:28 PM
    If you are running the stock KH3, and it sounds like you are... I would flash Pinnacle. I have read of the drop call issue, and it has been resolved in the custom ROMs.

[ROM][2.3.4][Gingerbread KH3]♦ Pinnacle 1.2 ♦ 09/10 ♦ The unreally real captivate ROM - xda-developers

EDIT- The factory reset may do the trick too .
    09-15-2011 09:28 AM
    I have not had any issues with dropped calling on any i9000 based GB rom. I am currently running the DarkyRom xxjvs beta and besides a wifi/dhcp issue, the rom is rock solid but I am also using kc1 modem.

HTH,
    Charlie
    09-15-2011 02:33 PM
    the only problem i had was something kept force closing a few times everytime (tethering manager or something) i would switch from wifi to 3g or back... factory reset fixed it.
    09-25-2011 01:23 AM
    I had the same problem, did a factory reset; settings>privacy>factory data reset. worked great after that.
    update: if you flash the kernel with root, you will have to redo the factory reset
    Thanks for the suggestion, i had the same problem and i followed your suggestion.
    Also in my case phone was not detecting SIM. I did factory reset and it worked. Thanks again.
    09-30-2011 11:56 AM