Rom help

stoehner

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I am stock froyo,can't get Odin to recognize device. Can I flash a rom with CWM or rom manager, instead of using Odin. Maybe fasty or similar froyo based rom?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
You can flash a ROM using CWM as long as it is froyo/eclair based. For GB based ROMs you will need GB bootloaders which requires flashing through Odin or Heimdall.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
In addition, Odin is your safety net for when things go wrong. If you cannot make Odin work, you probably should not be flashing anything. Make sure you are using a data USB cable and not just a charge cable- if it works to transfer files, it should work for Odin. One thing Odin may require however, is a fully powered USB port- make sure you are not using a front panel USB, or USB hub like a keyboard to try to do this. You need a direct connection to a port on the back of your motherboard.

Are you able to transfer files using USB? Does it beep at you when you connect it to your PC when trying to use Odin?

stoehner

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I can transfer files. The only thing when connecting to Odin is the not recognized popup . Its a old PC XP and USB 1.0 ports. But like I said it detects when phone is powered up.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Just to make sure we are both talking apples, when Odin fails to recognize the phone, is the yellow digger bot indicating Download mode displayed on the phone at the time?

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I can transfer files. The only thing when connecting to Odin is the not recognized popup . Its a old PC XP and USB 1.0 ports. But like I said it detects when phone is powered up.

USB 1.0 could be the reason. I would not advise you to flash from this PC anyways now. Try to do it from newer PC, may be from one of your friend's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463