help with root

CBPilu

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hello, Im finding that Im having troubles rooting. When i try to use adb recovery reboot from my linux computer it tells me adb is not a command. When I do it from my windows computer it tells me device not found. Im in the tools directory when i do it. What am I doing wrong?

maerlim

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Enable USB Debugging on the phone, install the Samsung USB drivers, and connect the phone via USB. In the tools directory of the SDK, run "adb devices". What does it say?

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
That is my first proble, getting the USB drivers onto the phone. It keeps aborting the update.zip file. So my device is never seen. What could I be doing wrong?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Go into the phone and in Settings--Applications--Development-- make sure USB debugging is checked. This makes it possible for the phone to communicate with the internals of the phone.
Next make sure the Sammy drivers are properly installed
Make sure you unzip the SDK and place it in your c:\ directory
Then, load up command prompt
cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools
adb devices
your phone should be listed under devices. It won't say Samsung, but instead will display your device's serial number. It should be obvious. If you don't get this, then you're having issues with the drivers or your phone isn't in debugging mode.