Froyo/Odin Help

brandon261

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm very new at android and need help installing Froyo on my Captivate. I don't know if there is a missing step or if I'm doing this wrong.

First I download both links on the XDA forums and once it's complete I turn off my phone and remove the SIM card. Next I hold both volume buttons the plug it into my laptop with the Odin program I just downloaded open. My screen will stay on "downloading...." forever but Odin never makes a move.

Anyone have a solution? please help.

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
First step put phone in debug mode. Open Odin. Then enter it into download mode. Odin should recognize it. hit start or flash (can't remember which one it says). It'll take a couple minutes then walah, froyo on the cappy

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
You might be disapointed after getting used to it. I am, I am reflashing back to 2.1, to get OCLF and rooted.

2.2 looks awesome, once they fix the bugs and fix lag, it will be great, even with its slowness it scored a 910 which was faster than my stock captivate on 2.1 update 1.

Just give you forewarn, might want to wait till official 2.2 comes out. Possibly in the next 2 weeks.

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
You might be disapointed after getting used to it. I am, I am reflashing back to 2.1, to get OCLF and rooted.

2.2 looks awesome, once they fix the bugs and fix lag, it will be great, even with its slowness it scored a 910 which was faster than my stock captivate on 2.1 update 1.

Just give you forewarn, might want to wait till official 2.2 comes out. Possibly in the next 2 weeks.

try reflashing. I have NO lag. ZERO. Haven't encountered any bugs either. Might have just been a bad install

brandon261

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I tried the debugged setting and it still didnt recognize when my phone was connected it stayed blank. If it doesn't work for me I might just wait. I don't know if me being in the edge Is a possible reason for the failure or if I'm just hitting something wrong.

sjforcum

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
OK I'm going to offer myself up for the beatings...

I've tried re-installing the drivers and can access my phone via my PC.

I've followed the steps installing ODIN3, putting the phone in download mode and then clicking start once ODIN recognizes the phone. It does a file analysis and then fails.

What the hell am I missing?

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Can some body please help me, I downloaded the Odin exe file and put my phone in downloading mode but when i do that my pc or Odin do not recognize my phone. What am i doing wrong

coldheat06

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Can some body please help me, I downloaded the Odin exe file and put my phone in downloading mode but when i do that my pc or Odin do not recognize my phone. What am i doing wrong

Are you sure that you are in download mode?

1.) Turn the phone off
2.) Hold down the volume UP & Down buttons only....
3.) Plug into USB into Phone.