Voodoo. VERY concerned.

a1Will I Am

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Am currently trying to install voodoo. its been about 35min in "downloading... Do not turn off target!!!" on my captivate.. how long should this take.. SHOULD i be concerned? freaked out over here.

thanks,

WC

EDIT: at about an hour.......

EDIT: 1:15ish. i guess my question really is, should i attempt to abort the process?

EDIT: pulled battery, no problems. any ideas on what went wrong?

Last edited:

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Be a little more specific, are you on Froyo? or Eclaire? on a custom ROM? the Voodoo lag fixes only work for stock Froyo and Eclaire builds.

a1Will I Am

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
yes... yes i have. i decided after almost two hours to interrupt and take the risk.. took out the battery and it rebooted normal.. no voodoo though. Ill see what i can figure out.. sorry about the freak out, i just do so love my android.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
That can just happen. You have no choice but to pull the battery and start over. And THAT is when the chances of running into the scarier things increases. I have been able to recover from those, but those times all started when I was forced to pull the battery from a bad flash.

a1Will I Am

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
That can just happen. You have no choice but to pull the battery and start over. And THAT is when the chances of running into the scarier things increases. I have been able to recover from those, but those times all started when I was forced to pull the battery from a bad flash.
yeah, the only thing that seems to be at all affected is my search button will randomly think it was pressed. weird. but maybe not even related.. could be something else. and im assuming that will go away when 2.2 rolls around later this month