Titanium backup and Android ID changer

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I want to make sure my apps I got in market all show back up or at least available for download.

I loaded up a new ROM backed all my stuff up in Titanium backup. I also had Android ID changer and changed my ID back to what it was after I got the new rom installe. I restored the apps back through Titanium backup. With putting the apps back and setting the ID back to what it was, all my apps show in the marketplace in the "My apps" section.

The Rom I'm on is killing battery like crazy. I'm just going to use ODIN go back to stock and wait/hope for official 2.2 for my captivate.

My question is I'm sure I will have to "re-root" when It's done installing which is fine. If I run Android ID changer and set the ID back to the original will all the apps I downloaded before root, rom, show back up like they are now, or will I need to install Titanium backup again to get the apps back?

I'm just not sure if I need both Titanium backup, and Android ID changer to acomplish this or not. I know I will lose app data no biggy, just don't want to purchase everything again if I do not have to.

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought so to, but when I did the rom thing before that is NOT what happened, and when I went back to stock, that's not what happened. My guess is part if if not all of that was caused by the Android ID changer, but before I go back again to stock (if official froyo ever goes out) I wanna make sure that will be the case.

Worse case I use odin, I go stock, root, install titanium backup, restore the apps and I'm good to go (and change the id again if it needs to be changed again) no biggy, But if rooting again doesn't have to be done I would rather go that route (when going to official froyo)

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
The market will only remember PAID apps tied to your email. You will still have to go out and reinstall them. Unpaid apps you will need a list.

The android ID changer thing is not for remembering your apps... that is strictly tied to your email address, with the above difference for paid/unpaid. The ID changer was used for Custom ROMs where thousands of people would load the same ROM and have the same Android ID on it. It caused problems, and one of the ways to fix it was the ID changer app. Most new ROMs make this unnecessary.

Have you tried recalibrating your battery? If you search the ROM thread where you got the ROM, there are probably instructions on how to do it. This is a fairly common side effect of custom ROMs... needing a battery recal. If you loaded a i9000 ROM (Perception for example) those modems seem to be more likely to cause it. Don't give up on custom ROMs because of a battery recalibration though :).

To make matters more complicated, I have heard that you should specifically NOT restore apps with TitBu when an OS change has happened. Like 2.1 to 2.2.

Make a list. Check it twice.

But you will NOT have to purchase anything again. It is tied to your email. If you have foreign apps, you will have to download the free version and unlock again using the emailed code (Launcher Pro for example).

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The info on Titanium and os change was you could bring the apps back but do not bring the data back. I learned that the hard way the first time I did one.

Ya I have seen the recal stuff, (like deleting batterystats.bin which I did), rooting and flashing while your already at 100% which is everything I did and it still drains like crazy.

However someone mentioned setcpu to me and how you can set profiles (i can set it not to go over 400Mhz while the screen is off etc) I am going to see how that goes and do a full drain and refill tonight. (drain before I go to bed and let it charge all night) and see how it is in the morning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma