Cannot enter the market server error has occured PLEASE HELP?

Imredeemed

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the Samsung Captivate. When I first purchased this phone not more than a month ago, I was able to set everything up and download apps from the market and had no problems. Then there was an issue with gmail/google that I had to delete my account and create a new one. So I had to delete/remove the account from my phone. I called and they said to do a factory reset on the phone itself and create the new email in the market. I did that and even was able to accept the terms and conditions. But I cannot get into the market. When I go to open the market it says ATTENTION a server error has occured. I called the Samsung Tech office again and they said do a manual reset using the volume and power buttons and I did that. I still have no results same message. I read the forums and tried the manage apps force stop clear cache and still to no avail. I receive the same message. Please, can anyone out there help me to get back into the market? I was there when I first purchased the phone but now since the resets I cannot get it to open.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
EDIT-Oops, I see where you tried my suggestion already.

If you are still stock, you may want to take it to ATT and have them figure it out or replace it. Usually the CLEAR CACHE would resolve something like this. As new as you are, a complete return to stock is probably in order. Not sure if they can do that at a store (I would guess no), but they may swap it for you.

You might have to deal with Warranty Repair, but they are not so bad. Takes a few days. Give your local ATT store a call and see what they suggest... unless you are no longer stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Imredeemed

Jay120171

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the Samsung Captivate. When I first purchased this phone not more than a month ago, I was able to set everything up and download apps from the market and had no problems. Then there was an issue with gmail/google that I had to delete my account and create a new one. So I had to delete/remove the account from my phone. I called and they said to do a factory reset on the phone itself and create the new email in the market. I did that and even was able to accept the terms and conditions. But I cannot get into the market. When I go to open the market it says ATTENTION a server error has occured. I called the Samsung Tech office again and they said do a manual reset using the volume and power buttons and I did that. I still have no results same message. I read the forums and tried the manage apps force stop clear cache and still to no avail. I receive the same message. Please, can anyone out there help me to get back into the market? I was there when I first purchased the phone but now since the resets I cannot get it to open.
I know you've said you did a factory reset but you must have a signal to access the Market and that is the message I get when trying to access it without service or on a really slow connection. Just ensure flight mode is not on and you have a signal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc