Frozen at Boot Screen

walking

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Rooted my Captivate today. Everything was looking good. Spent about an hour messing around.

Then I couldnt get out of my contacts screen. So Shut it down. Restarted and all I get is the ATT logo then the Cognition Logo then it just stays there.
with the logo showing.

Help. I am a total tool at these things.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Rooted my Captivate today. Everything was looking good. Spent about an hour messing around.

Then I couldnt get out of my contacts screen. So Shut it down. Restarted and all I get is the ATT logo then the Cognition Logo then it just stays there.
with the logo showing.

Help. I am a total tool at these things.

First off welcome to Android Central. When you say messing around, its sounds like you did more than messing around if you flashed cognition. Can you please describe what you did..... can you get into recovery and clockwork recovery? did you try reflashing cognition?

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am also experiencing a similar problem. When trying to flash to di11i, I used clockwork recovery. So I boot into recovery, reinstall pachages, and it brings me to the green clockwork recovery mode. I locate the di11i package, install and reboot. Now it goes to ATT splash screen, plays att swoosh sound, and plays the default galaxy s boot sound, all while still on the ATT World Phone screen. It has been there for like 15 minutes. What should I do?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am also experiencing a similar problem. When trying to flash to di11i, I used clockwork recovery. So I boot into recovery, reinstall pachages, and it brings me to the green clockwork recovery mode. I locate the di11i package, install and reboot. Now it goes to ATT splash screen, plays att swoosh sound, and plays the default galaxy s boot sound, all while still on the ATT World Phone screen. It has been there for like 15 minutes. What should I do?

battery pull , go back into recovery and try again

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have, like 5 times. What should I do? I have noticed that while installing, the bar will only go about 25% of the way then say done.

im at work right now so i cant really research this for you but you can always use odin to get you back to square1

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel stupid lol. Di11i has a green rom and a blue one. I didn't read it through lol. You are supposed to flash the rom with stock green, then flash blue on top of it. I started with blue, so there are no system files to boot up lol. Good thing I still have my G1 in a drawer. I downloaded the correct file, put it on the sd card using the G1 connected to the laptop, then put the card in the Captivate.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I feel stupid lol. Di11i has a green rom and a blue one. I didn't read it through lol. You are supposed to flash the rom with stock green, then flash blue on top of it. I started with blue, so there are no system files to boot up lol. Good thing I still have my G1 in a drawer. I downloaded the correct file, put it on the sd card using the G1 connected to the laptop, then put the card in the Captivate.

Don't feel stupid, but reading things through and reviewing is extrememly important and i suggest everyone do this before attempting to actually do any modifications or hacks

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't feel stupid, but reading things through and reviewing is extrememly important and i suggest everyone do this before attempting to actually do any modifications or hacks

Well I still feel stupid. If I can't get the phone to boot, how am I to put the correct file on the phone to apply it. Without getting the file on my phone, the phone won't do anything, because factory reset will not boot the phone. So now what should I do, because when navigating to the sdcard, I can see the external sd card, but cannot access it. There is a option to mount SD-EXT in clockwork, but it fails everytime.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Can you get it to download mode
Well I still feel stupid. If I can't get the phone to boot, how am I to put the correct file on the phone to apply it. Without getting the file on my phone, the phone won't do anything, because factory reset will not boot the phone. So now what should I do, because when navigating to the sdcard, I can see the external sd card, but cannot access it. There is a option to mount SD-EXT in clockwork, but it fails everytime.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea I got it in download mode and used odin 1 click to restore to factory settings. So I will start the process all over. Since I know what I did wrong, I can do it the right way now.

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Got it working. Used odin 1 click. Then re-rooted. Used clock work. Installed di11i, then threw on the blue theme. Phone is super fast. Much better than when I was using stock eclair.

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
awesome, glad that was resovled

So I'm not the smartest at this stuff lol. I can flash roms, but I don't know about much of the technical stuff. Is HSDPA the same as 3G? I'm on ATT. My baseband version is I9000UGJK4. Is this a good modem? I'm not going to drop calls alot am I? Because sitting here on my bed my call is cutting out, and it dropped, but shows I have three bars. Everything else seems stable so far.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I'm not the smartest at this stuff lol. I can flash roms, but I don't know about much of the technical stuff. Is HSDPA the same as 3G? I'm on ATT. My baseband version is I9000UGJK4. Is this a good modem? I'm not going to drop calls alot am I? Because sitting here on my bed my call is cutting out, and it dropped, but shows I have three bars. Everything else seems stable so far.

yeah HSDPA is 3G yes, but that wont change your phone cutting out,,,,i dont own a captivate so i dont know about your radios' but all my friends with iphones cut out all the time so i assume that is a AT&T thing and not a phone thing.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You wont drop calls with JK4, at least I don't. You may get data network drops however, and I think it is related to switching between HSPA and Edge. If you do get those drops, try changing this setting-

MENU-WIRELESS AND NETWORKS-DATA NETWORKS and set it to WCDMA or HSPA only instead of AUTO. It helped in my area.

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You wont drop calls with JK4, at least I don't. You may get data network drops however, and I think it is related to switching between HSPA and Edge. If you do get those drops, try changing this setting-

MENU-WIRELESS AND NETWORKS-DATA NETWORKS and set it to WCDMA or HSPA only instead of AUTO. It helped in my area.

Well I have not experienced any dropped calls or data drops. All I know is that my internet is twice as fast as it used to be. I was at my gf house where I usually get edge but was getting hsdpa the whole time. 4 seconds to download a 2mb app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk