Can't enter download or recovery mode

muchu#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,
I was in the process of rooting and flashing a new rom onto my captivate. I used the automated one-click Odin (download mode worked at this point) and it installed the AT&T rom onto my phone. I have the Rogers version, but from what I have read it shouldn't make a difference.

Now I am running into trouble. I want to root and install clockworkmod so I can put a custom rom on here, but now with the AT&T rom I can't boot into recovery or download mode using the volume buttons/power button technique. I can however boot into the AT&T 2.1 rom on here just fine.

Is there any other way to get into either of these modes? This is very frustrating.

Edit: cleared up some stuff

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
I was in the process of rooting and flashing a new rom onto my captivate. I used the automated one-click Odin (download mode worked at this point) and it installed the AT&T rom onto my phone. I have the Rogers version, but from what I have read it shouldn't make a difference.

Now I am running into trouble. I want to root and install clockworkmod so I can put a custom rom on here, but now with the AT&T rom I can't boot into recovery or download mode using the volume buttons/power button technique.

Is there any other way to get into either of these modes? This is very frustrating.

you may have to make or purchage a jig,,,, i just hard bricked my fascinate aswell i have a jig at home so ill have to wait to get home to use it

YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S (How-To Unbrick *USB JIG Method*)

muchu#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I can still use the phone (it boots into the AT&T 2.1 rom fine), I just can't do the recovery or download mode, which seems kind of strange to me..

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I can still use the phone (it boots into the AT&T 2.1 rom fine), I just can't do the recovery or download mode, which seems kind of strange to me..

oh open your phone tell me the model number should be like 10011 or somthing like that

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
{Stock Rom} Odin JF6 with 3 button fix - xda-developers

The one-click can ruin the 3 button combo on some models. Sounds like you are one of the unlucky ones. However, I think you should be recoverable.

Root your phone.

Turn on USB debugging and use the Android SDK to-
adb shell
adb reboot download

And use ODIN to flash the files in the above link, which should return your 3 button (and stock). Avoid one-click odin as your phone is one of those that should not use it.

Reactions: muchu#AC

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
{Stock Rom} Odin JF6 with 3 button fix - xda-developers

The one-click can ruin the 3 button combo on some models. Sounds like you are one of the unlucky ones. However, I think you should be recoverable.

Root your phone.

Turn on USB debugging and use the Android SDK to-
adb shell
adb reboot download

And use ODIN to flash the files in the above link, which should return your 3 button (and stock). Avoid one-click odin as your phone is one of those that should not use it.

Weird...that makes sense, but usually when that happens, it bootloops the phone in the process.

OP: If you had 3-button before, you should just be able to use manual Odin and it won't break it.

Reactions: muchu#AC

muchu#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's model 1102
I actually got it working, I rooted using SuperOneClick since it didn't require me to ender recovery mode, then used an app called Quick Boot (on the market) to restart in download mode then recovered using Odin and the files loraque provided and everything appears to be back to normal.

Thank you guys very much for your help!

DJRockhouse830

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
It's model 1102
I actually got it working, I rooted using SuperOneClick since it didn't require me to ender recovery mode, then used an app called Quick Boot (on the market) to restart in download mode then recovered using Odin and the files loraque provided and everything appears to be back to normal.

Thank you guys very much for your help!

Thank you for saving my life!!! I was about to go CRAZY!! lol

sonamk

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
i am really stuck here in a mess. my samsung galaxy R GT-I9103 is stuck in some unrecoverable boot loader error and i cannot enter the recovery or download screen. pls help me restore my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20