Can we extract original 2.1.1 for Clockworkmod use?

ktman

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a simple way to extract/backup the exact original 2.1.1 off my phone to the internal sd or onto my pc for safe keeping after I've now got root and clockworkmod? I've done the Odin back to a stock copy before on another phone but am wondering if it possible to clockwork recover back to the 2.1.1 if I don't like a custom 2.2 (cog) on my current one.
I imagine the clockworkmod is meant to go between various customs like stock froyo 2.2.1 , cog, etc. without loosing the clockworkmod recover scheme?.. but if I ever do choose to use it for 2.1.1 I assume I will be back to the stone age with no root or clockworkmod recovery option. Main reason for this line of thought is that my last phone's usb port got blown/stuck to ON and it was a real pain in the neck to get it back stock for an exchange at the store so it would be great to have a stock rom sitting there for clockworkmod to work with.. Is this possible?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there a simple way to extract/backup the exact original 2.1.1 off my phone to the internal sd or onto my pc for safe keeping after I've now got root and clockworkmod? I've done the Odin back to a stock copy before on another phone but am wondering if it possible to clockwork recover back to the 2.1.1 if I don't like a custom 2.2 (cog) on my current one.
I imagine the clockworkmod is meant to go between various customs like stock froyo 2.2.1 , cog, etc. without loosing the clockworkmod recover scheme?.. but if I ever do choose to use it for 2.1.1 I assume I will be back to the stone age with no root or clockworkmod recovery option. Main reason for this line of thought is that my last phone's usb port got blown/stuck to ON and it was a real pain in the neck to get it back stock for an exchange at the store so it would be great to have a stock rom sitting there for clockworkmod to work with.. Is this possible?

I haven't seen it done, but I know there is a relatively stock cwm file file for 2.2. It's rooted, but you could just pull out the superuser app and they probably wouldn't figure it out.

I don't think you can cwm back to stock 2.1 because you need the repartition, especially from a custom rom.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech