[ROM] Continuum 5 (Gingerbread!!)

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the first Gingerbread ROM for the Captivate!!!

(Other than CM7 :p)

[ROM][2.3.3][4/21/2011]▓▒▓►Continuum5◄▓▒▓Gingerbread ?1▓▒▓ - xda-developers

Unfortunately, it's Odin only. There's a "play" version without bootloaders, but it doesn't have working recovery (sad panda :'(). The working one has bootloaders, so there is a very small risk of bricking if things go horribly wrong. Being on the wrong end of that "horribly wrong" once, I'm going to hold off on this. Anyone going to take the plunge?

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
snap20110421_194156.png

snap20110421_194031.png

snap20110421_194102.png

Reactions: wadiacrom and ls377

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Any time. I've already flashed a different theme (my third, I think). I think I've out paced my luck though...it's starting to act wonky now. lol

For my own curiosity, can someone please verify this is the clock font you get on the android lock screen?

snap20110422_105402.png

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
What's the word with multiple people hard bricking when flashing back to stock via Odin?

I have not heard that, but I have not totally caught up on the Continuum thread. The few I saw in there were not hard bricks, but the usual computer ! phone icon that scares people the first time they see it.

As to the bootloader thing, you will need to do it eventually. Once you do, you do not need to do it again, and our recovery/download buttons change to something much easier (VOLDWN +Power for download, VOLUP+power for recovery). I think whenever you flash back to stock, you are risking the same thing as flashing this (stock flashes the sbl too).

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have not heard that, but I have not totally caught up on the Continuum thread. The few I saw in there were not hard bricks, but the usual computer ! phone icon that scares people the first time they see it.

As to the bootloader thing, you will need to do it eventually. Once you do, you do not need to do it again, and our recovery/download buttons change to something much easier (VOLDWN +Power for download, VOLUP+power for recovery). I think whenever you flash back to stock, you are risking the same thing as flashing this (stock flashes the sbl too).

Do you know if you can flash back to stock without replacing the bootloader? I think the jh2 file I use doesn't have one, I'll have to check though.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Check this out-

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][2.3.3][4/23/2011]▓▒▓►Continuum5◄▓▒▓Gingerbread ?2▓▒▓Captivate i897▓▒▓

I use the 3-button fix version too. Apparently you are fine using the one click to go back. There were two guys with busted phones, though there are posts coming up faster than I can read them. The third guy flashed with an empty battery, and just added to the noise. The other two were 1010 models using 3 button to go back to stock.

Yeah, one-click doesn't have the sbl as far as I know. Neither does JH2, but it breaks 3-button (I've yet to figure out how it breaks it without flashing and sbl. Plus once you flash a ROM, 3-button comes back, and when my phone came back from Samsung with Froyo on it, 3-button worked). Do you know if anyone has had issues flashing back without either one-click?

BTW, xcal's reorient kernel is now 1.0. Everything is fixed. As soon as someone gets recovery working without the bootloaders, I might take a dive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463