Problems after restore

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So earlier today i bricked my cappy trying to edit some files to allow screen capture service to work. Restored it. Ran into a problem ive never seen. After enabling sideloading, i have no lock screen. Also, when i hold the power button, i have no options but to power off. No data mode, or airplane mode options. Not that i could care less about them. I was just wondering what i could have done. Everything else seems to work fine.

Edit: just now realized that the home button and search button no longer work. What could I have done to the settings.db to cause this?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab via Tapatalk.

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
What Odin file did you use to restore it? If you just used one-click, run it again. If not, you my have gotten the wrong file.

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
No when i bricked it i just opened up the recovery mode and wiped everything. Everything was working fine until I was enabling side loading. It happened when I was using command prompt. I think towards the end when I had to do the line where u chmod. So idk. Im gonna odin, back to 2.1 update to 2.2 and see if I cant get the ota sideloading update before I root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
What did you edit to enable screen capture? If it was in the /system partition, a wipe in recovery won't touch it.

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that my galaxy tab could take screen shots. So i figured if i replaced the screen capture service.from.cappy with sgt it would work. But the problems happened after trying to enable sideloading

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol