GR-14 to Serendipity7 back to GR-14 - stuck in reboot to recovery screen

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Greetings!

I have my Capivate on GR-14. I made a backup in CWM. Then installed Serendipity 7 via CWM.

That went well but I decided to go back to my GR-14 backup until I had time to configure Serendipity the why I want it. So, back into recovery, and I did a recover on the backup I justed made. On reboot, the Serendipity boot screen displayed and I was returned to recovery mode.

ah oh ... so I redid the Serendipity zip file via CWM. Now, on reboot I still see the Serendipity boot logo then back to recovery.

Any suggestions on the best way to get out of this loop?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You need to flash a compatible kernel for the correct build. I think, you will want to double-check me here, I think that GR14 is JVB and Serendipity VII is JVO. When you do the backup thingamajig, that does not flash your kernel. The two builds are not kernel compatible. Bootloop!

So, the easiest way is to go into recovery, flash the whole ROM, and then restore the backup for that ROM after you boot once. I would wipe it, and then restore. Alternatively, if you like to run custom kernels, flash just the kernel for whichever ROM you restored the last time you tried :). There are a couple options, with Talon and the Xcaliburinhand one.

Good luck!

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input! (Oh ... btw ... I should have said GR-12!)

I ended up doing a install from scratch (bootloaders and all) for Serendipity 7. That worked great. I had a fairly recent TiBu backup so the world is well.