Gingerbread Roms and not receiving text messages

Brodie05

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have flashed Mosaic and now run Serendipity 7. I have noticed that sometimes I don't receive texts that were sent to me and to a lesser extent my texts aren't received. Could this possibly be a gingerbread rom problem or a phone problem?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I would lean towards it being a modem issue. Most of the roms are using i9000 modem files, and who knows, they could be sub-optimal for us in North America. There seemed to be similar problems with the i9000 froyo ROMs, until we got some good froyo modems for NA.

I would try flashing the JK4 modem and seeing if it helps.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I used the JK4 modem up until the JVO release Continuum that I flashed last week. Worked just as well as it did in 2.2. You do need to be mindful of how you flash it, as there is a 2.5 and 3.0 CWM flashable zip, as well as the tar file. If you flash it with CWM, you need to make sure you have the correct version for your version of CWM. If you use Odin and the tar, no worries.

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I used the JK4 modem up until the JVO release Continuum that I flashed last week. Worked just as well as it did in 2.2. You do need to be mindful of how you flash it, as there is a 2.5 and 3.0 CWM flashable zip, as well as the tar file. If you flash it with CWM, you need to make sure you have the correct version for your version of CWM. If you use Odin and the tar, no worries.

I'll second the jk4, I flashed it after flashing serendipity 7 and it cleared up a lot of issues I was having.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781