I'm about to get a Captivate, but I'm kinda bummed out that it doesn't have LED Notification. After having a Pre Plus, I'm used to just glancing at the led to see if I have any new text or voice messages. I know NoLED gives you an LED notification, but I personally don't find the idea of it very appealing. I was wondering if it was possible to script something so the buttons at the bottom work as notification lights. I'm new to Android, so please correct me if they're already being used for something else when the screen is turned off. If there's already an option in the settings or someone scripted this already, please send me a link. Thanks
    08-12-2011 11:27 PM
    Its possible but you have to be rooted. App is called back light notification or bln.

Sent from my extremely awesome Captivate.
    Alex.Kim likes this.
    08-13-2011 09:07 AM
    or just NoLED... it's an app in the market, and it let's you change all sorts of settings... and you can have color notifications for different things
    08-13-2011 12:47 PM
    or just NoLED... it's an app in the market, and it let's you change all sorts of settings... and you can have color notifications for different things
    He mentioned he didn't like noled.....

08-13-2011 01:01 PM
    He mentioned he didn't like noled.....

Oops sorry I guess I'm one of those poor souls who doesn't read the whole post
    08-13-2011 01:03 PM
    Like pittsm said, BLN is what you want. You just need to root and install a kernel that supports it, along with the app.

Sent from my Captivate
    08-14-2011 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD