[Case Comparison] Incipio Edge Case vs Feather Case

Alex.Kim

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I just got an Incipio Edge case today for my Captivate. Before I got my Edge case, I had a Feather case. Sorry if I'm not supposed to post links, but here are links to other posts showing pics of the cases:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/captivate-accessories/50411-incipio-edge-case-captivate.html (Edge case)
Incipio Feather case for Samsung Captivate - xda-developers (Feather case)

One of the main reasons I returned my Feather case was because it felt like it offered little protection. The top and bottom of the phone are have practically no protection from scratches, because they are completely exposed. The only upside to this is that the USB door is a lot easier to open. On the Edge case, The top and bottom are fully covered, with 3 holes for the microphone, audio jack, and USB door. I personally have no problems opening and closing the USB door.

Another reason I returned the Feather was because the edges on the front were not covered. If you look at the pictures, you'll see that the Feather case only covers the side and not the front edges. The Edge case, on the other hand, completely covers the edges, hence the name. This also raises your phone a bit when it's upside down on a flat surface, so the screen doesn't get scratched.

Both of the cases seem like they are made out of the exact same material. They're both soft and rubbery, and feel almost identical to the back of my old Palm Pre Plus. The Feather case has the same texture all around, including the inside. The Edge, however, has a glossy plastic finish on the inside. I guess this makes it easier to slide the case on and off.

The feather case is incredibly easy to install and remove, as it is only being held to the phone by the corners. I haven't tried removing my Edge case, but from what I've read, it's a bit harder.

And just an extra note for case buyers: Do NOT buy the clear Incipio case from AT&T. Almost all owners say it scratches the phone and it is nearly impossible to remove.

Thanks for reading my review/comparison :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci