big screw up! need help please...

justmetoo1

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I am in hopes someone can help me here as I've just upgraded to the leaked gingerbread 2.3 via Odin from 2.2 froyo (via ATT & Kies) and now I've lost all apps and contacts! Before anyone says they will restore from my google account, they were NOT synced there! Somehow the sync was shut off on the account! I don't know how it got that way, but now I've lost everything. I need my contacts back as well as some important voice notes from an aftermarket voice recorder.
I did backup all of my folders that were on the phone through my computer, but I don't know if that got the information I need. I am happy to shoot someone some paypal if they are able to help. This is very important and I need this stuff ASAP. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Eric

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If you go to the market and reinstall your voice app, hopefully those files will be there. Your sd should still be intact, but you will need to do the apps.

Contacts I don't have anything better to suggest than to use the menu key in the contacts to see if they are on your sim hopefully someone has a better idea.

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
maybe your contacts synced with your at&t address book... open up contacts, push the menu key, click more, and go to settings, then click at&t address book

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you copy the contacts file when you backed up folders? Apparently it's here (this from a google search, I cannot confirm):

data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts.db

If so, you could either access it using an SQL database editor, or copy it back over to the phone using adb (but be careful not to overwrite any existing useful contact info), and see whether that works.

You've probably backed up the sound files from your 3rd party voice-note application, if they were saved in the same directories as images, music and sounds. Try googling to find out where your particular application stored the information. You may be able to adb the file across in the same way you'd add a ringtone or an mp3.

Hope this helps, consider pressing thanks, it makes me smile.

AoN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol