Captivate doesn't always see new wifi networks

Valiant Cookie

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes (not always) when I come home from somewhere where I was using a wifi network, my captivate doesn't see and connect to my home wifi network! it still shows all the old networks it could see when I was using it before I came home, seeing that it has signal though not connected. it just stays using 3g, I can manually go into my wifi settings and scan it 2-4 times to force it to see my wifi network but that's a big pain! Anyone else have this problem/know how to fix it?

A side note, I also have the problem where sometimes when I turn off my wifi and when I try to turn it back on later it trys for a a while then just shows error. I have to repeat trying to turn it back on and waiting for it to show error 3-4 more times at least to get it to work, very frustrating. I almost never turn off my wifi as a result. (although I've never had a problem going in and out of airplane mode)

I'm just using stock 2.2 not rooted. I really don't want to root to have to fix this.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue. It would see the wifi network but would not connect and would show up as "error" eventually.

What I did was launch the phone dialer and type *#*#526#*#*

That reloads the WiFi driver on the Galaxy S.

After that, I had no issues. I hope it works for you.

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes (not always) when I come home from somewhere where I was using a wifi network, my captivate doesn't see and connect to my home wifi network! it still shows all the old networks it could see when I was using it before I came home, seeing that it has signal though not connected. it just stays using 3g, I can manually go into my wifi settings and scan it 2-4 times to force it to see my wifi network but that's a big pain! Anyone else have this problem/know how to fix it?

A side note, I also have the problem where sometimes when I turn off my wifi and when I try to turn it back on later it trys for a a while then just shows error. I have to repeat trying to turn it back on and waiting for it to show error 3-4 more times at least to get it to work, very frustrating. I almost never turn off my wifi as a result. (although I've never had a problem going in and out of airplane mode)

I'm just using stock 2.2 not rooted. I really don't want to root to have to fix this.

I had very similar problems, and I WAS rooted. I don't think rooting will fix the issue, so you don't have to worry about. I would always have to restart my phone to clear the wifi errors. I no longer the captivate (proud infuse owner :D ), so I don't know if that fix will work. try it out, can't hurt.

mattinui

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Use the app wifi fixer - will automatically connect to any new wifi around and will probably solve any problems you may have with networks that you cant connect to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463