CM 7.1 for Samsung Captivate

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Samsung dropped the source for i896 on 2.3.3. Doesn't that mean that potentially, we should see Audience support? As well as the correct device sleep modes for the drivers on our phones, resulting in better battery?

FYI- the i896 is the Canadian Captivate, identical to the US version. All along it was "the source" holding back the last fiddly bits for CM on our phone. I am hoping this is the end of those wants.

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Samsung dropped the source for i896 on 2.3.3. Doesn't that mean that potentially, we should see Audience support? As well as the correct device sleep modes for the drivers on our phones, resulting in better battery?

FYI- the i896 is the Canadian Captivate, identical to the US version. All along it was "the source" holding back the last fiddly bits for CM on our phone. I am hoping this is the end of those wants.

I'm hoping the same thing. Although call quality on CM 7.1 as it is now is definitely not horrible, it isn't quite up to audience chip quality :)

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Kaik replied to others asking the same thing over at XDA, and they are apparently only looking at POSSIBLY adding the Audience Support in, as it would require a new modem and kernel work. Same thing that makes i897 different than i9000. Also specifically said they would NOT address the camera and video camera issues. That last bit makes it easy for me :).

Would be good news for those that actually use their CM phone as a PHONE... if anyone actually still does that.

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Kaik replied to others asking the same thing over at XDA, and they are apparently only looking at POSSIBLY adding the Audience Support in, as it would require a new modem and kernel work. Same thing that makes i897 different than i9000. Also specifically said they would NOT address the camera and video camera issues. That last bit makes it easy for me :).

Would be good news for those that actually use their CM phone as a PHONE... if anyone actually still does that.

On page 12, or 13 or so, on the XDA CM 7.1 stable thread, someone posted flashable KJ2 and KJ3 modems.. I've tested the KJ3 and it works fine, other than losing HSUPA capability (natually lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae