Captivate Perma-brick

Alienolas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I think i may have ruined my phone, i was flashing gr-12 and forgot the pda file i think and now it wont turn on or anything....any suggestions

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Maybe recoverable, I know I have from that point. I found some text, though it is not what I used in the past to get it back. It sounds the same, which is to say it sounds like voodoo... but it worked for me

"got mine back into download with the help of someone over on CM forums
Hold power and vol up, you should get a screen with red text in the upper left hand corner and a single red dot about mid way down, plug in your usb and start Odin, hold vol up/down and power, release the power button when screen goes black, and it should put it in download
it worked for me after a few tries"

Hold down power and VOLUP and hopefully the red text appears after a while. If so, you should eventually be fine. Be ready with an appropriate Odin package to flash in case you do get Download ready.

[Stock ROMs (All OneClicks at one place)] + [Kernels (Stock & w/ CWM)] + [Modems] - xda-developers

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
To get into download mode when all else seems to have failed:

Step 0: Unplug USB cables, start Odin [so you are ready to fix your problem, if things work]

//--------------------------------
1) Pull out the battery (to ensure that the really phone is turned off)

2) Reinsert the battery.

3) Without pressing the power button, simultaneously hold down both sides of the volume rocker (volume + and -)

4) Plug the USB cable into the computer USB port

5) Plug the USB cable into the phone's USB port

If you see the familiar yellow triangle, or the weird Gingerbread "firmware upgrade fail try using recovery mode", you're now in download mode.

6) Reflash

Hope this helps, if it did, consider pressing thanks - it makes me smile.

AoN

Reactions: Pauler1 and KSoD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke