Missing Widgets After Update

tdb1

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an unusual issue for which I have not found an answer. I performed the official gingerbread update for my Captivate. In order to fix the tethering issue, I performed a factory reset. All now appears to be working well with one exception. Several of my widgets have disappeared. They have not just disappeared from my home screen, but when I go to add widgets they are not there as an option. The two that I have noticed are Yahoo Sportacular and Glympse. I used widgets for both under Froyo, but now the widgets don't even come up as an option. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both apps, which has not helped. I've searched for answers online, with no luck. Any ideas on this one? Thanks.

tdb1

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I solved my own problem. I moved the apps from the SD card to the phone. I don't know where the apps were before the upgrade, and used mybackup to restore my apps after I did the factory reset. Either somehow the restore moved the apps from the phone to the SD card, or the widgets worked fine with the apps on the SD card under froyo. Regardless, moving the apps to the phone made the widgets appear. Thought I would pass it on in case others run into the same issue during the upgrade or factory reset.