Please Help!!! Don't know what else to do

TSturgill

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, i have a samsung captivate SGH-I897 my build number is 1106. I am gonna try to be short and simple. I updated to GB 2.3.5 and rooted. Now it is in a boot loop. i have been on the computer for several hours a day trying to figure out what is wrong but i can't seem to find anybody having the problem i am. So at first when it was in the boot loop i could get it in d/l mode and recovery mode, btw while i was in recovery mode i wiped cache and data and tried rebooting and it never booted always stops at the AT&T World Phone Screen. So i found on xda-developers the odin back to stock. I tried it and that would have fixed it but i followed the instructions from odin3 (which is what i used to root) and i removed the phone without letting it completely reboot and i believe it messed something up. Then i figured out i needed to let it completely boot up and when i did i couldn't get it into download mode. So i ordered a jig and it got here earlier today and i got it download mode and i was feeling a lot better and when i click start on the odin restore to stock or whatever it is called it started to work let normal then it said reset on odin and it started booting up and it said pass and then my phone shuts off and shows the battery then black screen. Please help. If there is still hope. I keep reading people say if i can see at&t screen im still good. and i can. Thank you so much. Not as brief as I wanted. lol

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
If you can still see the AT&T screen, then you should be able to get into download mode.

First download I897UCKJ3 Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread. Extract and run that file. It is an ODIN version that includes everything you need.

-Remove your sim card and external sdcard from you phone.
-Put your phone into download mode. (Press and hold both volume buttons and insert USB cable into phone. If that doesn't work, try pressing the down volume button and then the on button then insert USB cable into phone.)
-Wait for Odin to recognize your device. Yellow com port will light up.
-Click the big Start Button.
-Sit back and watch. This should only take between 2 or 3 minutes to complete.
-When the process is finished and your phone begins to reboot and you see the at&t screen you may go ahead and unplug the micro usb from your phone.

TSturgill

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much, a couple questions if you don't mind. I got my phone by up by flashing a custom eclair ROM (which i didn't know at the time) and i tried to update through Kies back to gingerbread and it said unregistered device. So i read up on that and that's how i figured out it was a custom ROM. So then I found what i thought was an official froyo ROM and it still says unregistered device. I checked my P code and it says not active. Do you know what I messed up, or is it fixable?

And will i need anything else with the link you posted because I don't think I have the GB Boot loaders anymore since I'm running Froyo.

poppo101

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Trying to root an unlocked Samsung Captivate I897.

Firmware - 2.3.5
Baseband - I897UCKK4
Kernal - 2.6.35.7-I897UCKK4-CL614489
Build - Gingerbread.UCKK4

I have tried the above suggestion. I can get into download mode however nothing happens. The I897UCKJ3 Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread software is not seeing the phone. I have tried several times.

I have tried SuperOneClick and it hangs at step 7.

I have tried another Odin build and it sees the phone but nothing happens.

I have tried another One Click program that is supposed to be for the Captivate and it does nothing.

It seems that my phone is un-rootable (if that's a word).
Anyone have any ideas?

Bill

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo