[Q] about using the Captivate on T-Mobile.

RavinX

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I was considering buying an unlocked version of the Captivate on Amazon and using it on T-Mobiles $30 prepaid plan, but after doing some looking around the intro-webs I've seen a lot of conflicting things about whether or not 3G data will even work on T-Mobiles network.

Just a quick question, I live in Lancaster, PA. Will I be able to use 3G data on a Captivate with a T-Mobile SIM?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
More than likely eventually but not until they finish refarming their 2g network over to the att 3G frequencies.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I was considering buying an unlocked version of the Captivate on Amazon and using it on T-Mobiles $30 prepaid plan, but after doing some looking around the intro-webs I've seen a lot of conflicting things about whether or not 3G data will even work on T-Mobiles network.

Just a quick question, I live in Lancaster, PA. Will I be able to use 3G data on a Captivate with a T-Mobile SIM?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

We did that yesterday, my wife had the Captivate on ATT, it will work on EDGE only, for now. T Mobile are in the process of installing LTE and when they complete it in your location, then you will have 4G via LTE which is what we were told. Anyway, it runs great on wifi for date, but until the new LTE is done your stuck on EDGE. We are in NC. You must go to the local TMobile site for specifics.

T-Mobile announces LTE, prepares to take the US wireless market by storm | ExtremeTech

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21