Visual Voicemail

dewhite04

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Got my Captivate on Saturday and I'm still trying to make myself at home with the how things get done with Android.

I'm coming from BB Bold 9000, which had visual voicemail support.

Is visual voicemail available for Android on AT&T at this time? If so, is it in-built, or do I need to download something from the market?

Thanks!

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Easy way is to install Google voice, sign up for Google voice and set it up via wth web and you get all the great options of visual voice mail, plus transcription. Lots of web tutorials on how to do it and if you already syncing gmail, this goes right along with it.

Nero

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone successfully downloaded the Google Voice App? I have tried several times and continually get a 'download unsuccessful' message.

Thanks,

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised AT&T doesn't offer VVM for the Captivate. Usually they lock n'load every money-milking feature they can onto their phones. :p

Last edited:

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone successfully downloaded the Google Voice App? I have tried several times and continually get a 'download unsuccessful' message.

Thanks,

I downloaded and installed without a problem. It would not auto setup my phone, so I just went online to GV and got the instructions for typing it into the phone.

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Easy way is to install Google voice, sign up for Google voice and set it up via wth web and you get all the great options of visual voice mail, plus transcription. Lots of web tutorials on how to do it and if you already syncing gmail, this goes right along with it.

Can you expand? i am interested in the transcription piece....thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463