Need SERIOUS HELP-Single Contact info

tsquare2112

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
OK, here is the deal. My fiance and I sold our iPhone 4's to get the new Samsung Captivate for AT&T. (It took some doing, but I got her to let go of that locked down signal dropping no sensor having piece of crap), but I digress. My contact info in her phone is the problem. When she wants to send me a text, it automatically deletes the area code for my number, therefore she gets an error. The actual number in the contacts has area code. I NEED HELP with this because she is getting frustrated and wants to go back to her iPhone. Any help is appreciated.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
explain the steps more clearly. is she using the default SMS apps?

Also try getting Google voice and kill off your ATT texting plan. GVoice gives you free number, free texting, and free visual voicemail.

tsquare2112

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
She is using the built in app.
new message, etc....
types in my name and it pops up my number just fine and sends the text. I reply, then if she tries to reply again it deletes the area code and sends it to 7 digits. I have google voice, never thought of doing that.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
try logging into gmail or google voice on your fiance's account and go into contacts. You may be able to drill down to see a contact number selected with just your number and no area code under your contact info. It may be there and be the cause of your problem. This may resolve your issue. Sorry not able to give more info as I've never come across this issue myself.

Yes, you should start using Google Voice. Saves you money and works wonderfully. I've been using Gvoice as my main number to give to friends who text for over 3 months. Can't believe I actually use to pay $10/month for 500 texts. Now I just overtext and spam friends inboxes just for fun.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12