A few questions for a future owner

l1ghtn1ng

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone!

Well I've been a long time iPhone user and even had the iPhone 4 (didn't experience any of the "death grip" or antenna problems) but I decided it's time to try something new and the Galaxy S line seems like a great alternative. I'm excited to pick up my Captivate tomorrow morning and try out android

Anyways I was wondering how do you ex iphone owners like it?

Also how is the battery? This is the biggest thing to me, the iPhone 4 battery was amazing even heavy usage all day wouldn't put me under 50%. While I don't expect the Captivate to have the same battery but hopefully it can last the day.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is much better than the iPhone 3Gs, close to the iPhone4, I had both. I'm enjoying the open customization that Android on a larger (than iPhone4) screen- and looks close to that "retina", in sharpness and color.
Check one out that store, but know that everyone in the store playing with it has many programs open, don't judge the OS in the store. It's lighter than the iPhone- and makes good phone calls- the proximity sensor (and Steve Jobs smug attitude) was the last straw for me on iPhone 4...

l1ghtn1ng

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
yea I played with one this morning before returning my iPhone. Bad thing is since I bought my iPhone at the apple store I have to wait until at least tomorrow morning to be able to get a new phone.

Can I sync my contacts from iTunes? I had them all backed up, other wise I'll have to start from scratch

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Sync your Contacts

Can I sync my contacts from iTunes? I had them all backed up, other wise I'll have to start from scratch

See if you can export your contact into a CSV
Simply Export iPhone Contacts to a csv or any flat file!

Then import them into your Gmail account (if you don't have a Gmail account, you might want to get one if you are moving to Android)

Importing CSV files - Gmail Help

When you sync your phone with your Gmail account, it will ask you if you want to do your contact also. It will sync them into the phone.

If you are using a different program to store your contacts (Outlook or something else), just do a search on how to export your contact info into a CSV so you can import them.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
can't you just tell your iphone to sync all contact to your gmail account on the iphone itself. Once you sync your contacts to your gmail account it is a breeze. When you get your new android device, all of your contacts will automatically be synced with the google account you provide when initializing the phone. It really is effortless.

here is Google's help page on how to sync contacts with google account from iphone

Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I should add... I'm an ex iPhone user (3G) and I love the Captivate over the iPhone. It's so nice being able to customize my phone and to have OPTIONS! Widgets also are great. I find that I can do things on my Captivate much faster than I was able to do on the phone. Beyond the fact the 3G was painfully slow once I put on iOS4, the workflow to do anything on the iPhone was too many steps.

For instance, if you want to turn on bluetooth in IOS, it's 5 clicks. On the Captivate, it's 2. Same goes for WiFi. That's sure to help battery life when I'm in an area where I need neither. I ended up leaving them on with my iPhone because it was a pain in the *** to turn them off. Apple limited the API's for doing that so no one could make an app that you could get in their app store that would give you a quick shortcut. You either had to jailbreak the phone or deal with it.

I can say honestly, I could not go back to an iPhone.

l1ghtn1ng

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
After I returned my iPhone I realize I forgot to sync it with my Gmail account! OPPS! Now I'm phoneless and contactless. I'll try the links you put up there. Thanks for the replies everyone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar