New Captivate/Android owner

Dirt Mcgirt

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone- just got my Captivate yesterday and am starting to toy around with it. Hopefully learn to quite a few things here :) Just a few things thoughts/questions..

Anyone notice that mini-USB connection is not that secure or is it just me. I just picked up my phone and the cable came loose? I don't want to push it in too much and damage it.

I got Exchange setup on the phone, but when talking with IT they were saying that the phone might have issues with calendar notificications (this based on other Droid devices that they tested). I come from WinMo devices so never had to worry about the phone not playing nicely with Exchange. What are your experiences so far?

I'm sure I'll have more too add/ask as the weeks progress. Again, thanks for having me :)

Albitron

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
As for the cable.... you probably dont have the slide door opened all the way.

I will let others chime in on the Exchange set up

Dirt Mcgirt

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the phone is capable of dialing extensions in your contacts list in Exchange. I believe there was a way to do this on a BB, but not sure about the Droids?

Last edited:

MarkPharaoh

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with the cable, over 50% of the time thus far I've picked up the phone to check a new email/sms and put it back done the cable became dislodged.

Also hating that it's located at the top of the device. In such a weird location i'm a little worried how long it'll be until we see a car charger mount/fm tuner for this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC