I can make a shortcut to compose an email to a contact? I see direct dial and direct sms
    07-21-2010 10:20 PM
    I don't know of anyway to do that, but when you are browsing contacts all you have to do is "swipe left" on the contact to compose a text message, or "swipe right" to call. It is a lot faster than selecting the contact, then tapping on what communication method you want to use...
    fmichigan likes this.
    07-22-2010 06:58 AM
    You can create a Shortcut to a Contact, very simple.
    Touch & Hold to add something to the home screen (like you would a widget or folder),
    select Shortcuts, and then Contact. Pick who you want.
    Whenever you hit their icon, you will be shown buttons to Call, Text, Email, etc...
    fmichigan likes this.
    07-22-2010 08:37 AM
    Thanks, I see the contact version but no one touch straight to compose an email to a certain contact. That will work though.

Joey, can you change the "swipe left" to send an email or does it have to be SMS?
    07-22-2010 02:02 PM
    Thanks, I see the contact version but no one touch straight to compose an email to a certain contact. That will work though.

Joey, can you change the "swipe left" to send an email or does it have to be SMS?
    Oh.. I didn't see that. Yeah swipe left is SMS. Sorry. Haven't found a way to change that.

I'll update my previous post so nobody gets confused.
    07-22-2010 02:14 PM
    It looks like there's an app called One-Touch Widget that would allow you to do this.
    07-22-2010 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD