Data Usage

BuddyLee

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
For those who have become acclimated with the captivate within a couple days and have it set up already. What amount of data usage have u guys seen u use on a daily basis ... or actually how much data have u racked up in the few days so far.

Do you think you can stay within your data threshold for your alloted data plan with att according to your math. Or do you foresee some kind of overage issue ...

Reason why I ask is because i have the unlocked european galaxy s phone with the medianet. I have no issues with it going over as i have reached 1.9gb this month already and have a week to go.

But i can only account to some of the data used. Im guessing for the month ... 400 -500mb in podcasts. Even say up to 700mb for podcasts ... the rest of data usage is a mystery. I'll say about 200mb for data synching etc and mind you these numbers are on a high end figure.

For those on the new mandatory data plan let me know if this may be a problem for you in the future.

SterlingSpring

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I personally in a month do 400mb-500mb. (I did this on iPhone and recently switched). Thats seems to be the average but Android allows alot more possibilities with data usage so honestly you have to be careful especially if you have the 2gb cap like I do.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I am glad I have the unlimited data on my Captivate, and so far in the past 5 days since I had the phone, 209 MB and counting... Where I used to average 25 - 30 MB on my BB in a month. I am glad that I went to Android more fun..

Thank you,
Charlie

BuddyLee

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thats the thing, these new smartphones are requiring more and more data to sync all the services etc.

No wonder att implemented their new data plans ... i could see people having alot of problems with this.

BuddyLee

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Im on att and downloaded the att app to check my data usage. Also on the olam on att site u can check your data usage.

There is also a system app you can have that monitors the system data etc ... i havent installed that as i try to minimise the amount of background apps running.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Try out 3G watchdog in the app market. It will give you info on what you are downloading and will also let you set notifications or limits on your phone so you don't go over.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane