Cant connect to PC with debugging on. Trying to use wonder machine

djsmvp

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I can connect my captivate to my pc as "mass storage" with usb debugging off, however when I try to connect it using mass storage and usb debugging ON my computer (windows 7 32bit) does not recognize the device. I have installed USB drivers and installed .net 4. Is there a setting Im missing?

atlkr5

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I have one computer that asks mea each time I install it to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and it will work for that connection time only.

Then on the other hand I have another that just works.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Samsung software.

djsmvp

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
It works fine when debugging is off, but in order to use the wonder machine it needs to be on. I installed the drivers and tested it with debugging off and it connected fine. Now when I turn debugging on and connect my phone, my computer tries to install the drivers for about 10 minutes:
usbwdebugging.png

Then this comes up:
usbwdebugging2.png

All of this is happening when the drivers are already installed Clearly its having an issue with debugging on. Anyone have any suggestions?

djsmvp

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else able to connect with USB debugging on? I either get "device not recognize" or "installing drivers - failed" when i try with debugging on. I would really love to side load apps without rooting.

EDIT - Well, i got it to connect with USB debugging. I have no idea why but switching the usb cable from the front panel to a motherboard usb port did the trick.

Last edited:

bigbot45

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It seems to have alot to do with the driver install order. After you install the drivers connect in debug mode first and it should work from that point on.

light1

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
it worked for me using Media Player mode for a while...
now it doesnt work again
but i was able to transfer one file while it was working

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I go to DL the Driver and this is what I get

The website declined to show this web-page
HTTP 403
Most likely causes:
•This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:
Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the web-page.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I have Win XP Media Center with IE-8 and the normal settings for browsing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae