Wifi Speed on 802.1x network

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else connect to their corporate network with an 802.1x connection? What speed are you seeing for the connection with you Captivate? Mine is showing on 11Mbps even though its a G network and I have full signal strength. Just curious if this a limitation of the wireless drive on these devices or if I may have set my connection up wrong.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else connect to their corporate network with an 802.1x connection? What speed are you seeing for the connection with you Captivate? Mine is showing on 11Mbps even though its a G network and I have full signal strength. Just curious if this a limitation of the wireless drive on these devices or if I may have set my connection up wrong.

I only see 65Mbps on my N network... but 11 Mbps is almost 5X fatser than any actual download speeds you'll see, so I wouldn't worry about it.

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I only see 65Mbps on my N network... but 11 Mbps is almost 5X fatser than any actual download speeds you'll see, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I have seen as much as 70Mbps on my home N network as well, which is useful for DLNA streaming and wireless sync via Tunesync, but was curious in regards to anyone elses 802.1x experience. My friends N1 see's the same thing.

Also, my main concern wasn't so much for internet downloads, but for data pulls from my corporate network and minimizing issues on the corporate access points. I would prefer to not force an access point into B mode if G was available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs