Personal Preference: Which keypad do you use? (Android, Samsung, or Swype?)

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just curious to know which keypad everyone prefers. I used the Samsung keypad for a while and just switched to the Android keypad today to try it out. I think it looks great.

*For anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about:

Menu > Settings > Locale and Text > Set default keyboard

Last edited:

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Just curious to know which keypad everyone prefers. I used the Samsung keypad for a while and just switched to the Android keypad today to try it out. I think it looks great.

*For anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about:

Menu > Settings > Locale and Text > Set default keyboard

I have been using the Samsung one.
I haven't graduated to Swype yet, and I am not too impressed by the Android KB. I guess I lik ethe spacing with the Samsung KB, I can type on that thing almost as fast as a real keyboard.... okay, maybe half as fast, but still MUCH faster than that thumb-working BB Storm (having to "click" the screen with each key).

Dirt Mcgirt

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Havent even worked up to Swype yet. I've had a physical keyboard for that past 5 years so I'm just getting used to the on-screen Samsung one.

So the Android one sucks huh?

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Havent even worked up to Swype yet. I've had a physical keyboard for that past 5 years so I'm just getting used to the on-screen Samsung one.

So the Android one sucks huh?

I think it looks nicer, and while they aren't as spaced out, they appear bigger. I haven't been using it long enough to give an opinion on it just yet...

Dirt Mcgirt

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I think it looks nicer, and while they aren't as spaced out, they appear bigger. I haven't been using it long enough to give an opinion on it just yet...

Just played around with it for a few min and it does seem to be a bit more friendly to my fingers than the Samsung.

l1ghtn1ng

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the android one. I was using swype for a few days but I had to think to much while using it then the Samsung one wasn't to good at auto correction

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the android keyboard. They keys are spaced out better for me. I agree with the other person that it requires too much thinking to use.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Im with the samsung keyboard also. The buttons are layed out a little bit bigger then Andriods and Swypes. Swype is cool once in awhile, but I dont see me swyping constantly lol

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I feel like such an idiot! I didn't know about the copy paste arrows on the samsung keyboard. That is the keyboard I have been using. I have used the stock android keyboard and swype on my N1 and didn't like either.

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the android one. I was using swype for a few days but I had to think to much while using it then the Samsung one wasn't to good at auto correction

Same here.

The Swype SEEMS faster, but without auto correction and with words that end in double letters, etc., I'm not sure it actually is.

I switched to Android and am basically using the voice input whenever possible. That seems the fastest.