Notification sound (gmail or text message) going through headphones

gregkang

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I got my captivate few days ago. Unlike nexus one, captivate plays the notification sound on the speakers eventhough i have the headphone on. Is there a way to prevent this and have it come out on the headphone only?

gregkang

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This isn't happening to anyone else? Is the speaker not muted by default when wired headsets are plugged in? (I am not sure about bluetooth) If this is specific to my phone I will need to get this exchanged.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You have to set your phone to vibrate or silent while listening to music. The quickest way to do that, is via a widget called audiomanager, available in the market. It would be nice if the phone automatically did this, but it doesn't.

You might also try an app called "locale" with the "headphones plug-in", both of which are in the Market. I haven't tried it, but I've heard great things about it.

gregkang

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
but doing so will not play the notification through the headset right? (mute both the speaker and the headset volume for notifications)

TheBronze

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I'm glad someone noticed this. I assumed it was only going through my headphones. You know, like my WINDOWS MOBILW 6.1 phone did! Seriously? This is a major ameture hour oversight and should have never made it past the first versions of android to come out.

I love my android phone, but issues like this are really bothersome and "also ran"ish.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I'm glad someone noticed this. I assumed it was only going through my headphones. You know, like my WINDOWS MOBILW 6.1 phone did! Seriously? This is a major ameture hour oversight and should have never made it past the first versions of android to come out.

I love my android phone, but issues like this are really bothersome and "also ran"ish.

Ur right or how about not being able to say a name in your contact's to make a phone call. I can't understand WTF they can't or didn't add this to the phone.