"Lag" Live Wallpapers?

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I read a few threads about "lag" on the Galaxy S phones when they first came out and when I first got mine, I didn't notice it. But, as I loaded it up with apps and started to do things with it, I noticed that there was a bit of lag. (I was a doubter in the beginning but I really began to notice it).

So, I went through and started to pull apps that I really didn't need:

NoLED
extra mail clients that ran in the background

It helped a bit.

I am connected to Exchange and my admin forces a password so I pulled off the lock pattern on my phone (it was more of a nuisance than anything because I was constantly unlocking my phone). This helped also.

Then I decided to stop using a live wallpaper.

All of these things have helped to take the phone back to it's fast state it was in.

Had anyone else noticed this?

(I have to admit, I can't wait for Froyo to come and really bump everything up to it's full potential. )

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
That's what I dont get..the Galaxy S phones have the fastest GPU, the PowerVR SGX 540 GPU and yet it's lagging on live wallpapers?? That's pretty shocking..

I do notice a bit of lag on the Droid X when I run a LWP which I believe runs the PowerVR SGX 535 GPU.. from what I've read,the 540 is exponentially faster than the 535, just like the 535 is exponentially faster than the 530(the GPU in the Motorola Droid).

Last edited:

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It might not be the live wallpaper. I did make some other changes so maybe those were the problem?

I was wondering if anyone else saw the problem though.