call quality question

xtracrispy69

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
will be picking this up for rogers. I know forums collect people who complain, has anyone noticed issues with call quality. There are some real mixed opinions on this despite early reviews being phenomenal. Any feedback...

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I think it has been fine so far. No issues from people I have talked with using the handset, and only once with bluetooth was I asked if I put them on speakerphone, not sure why they thought that.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Best call quality I've experienced - and all my phones were selected with that as their primary requirement (Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, BB). I don't use bluetooth, or a headset.

AoN.

chrisharmful

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
This is my third Samsung phone and first smart phone and the call quality is pretty good so far. Haven't dropped a call and everything sounds good and can hear everyone well through the speaker. Even with low signal the call quality is good.

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone the call quality to me is much much better. I haven't had any complaints about people having issues hearing me and the clarity on my end is much cleaner as well. Add in the microcell I just picked up and the calls in my house are superb.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
With my experience coming from a blackberry bold 9000 the call quality and clarity is night and day difference with just using the handset, speaker phone, jawbone 2 and a jawbone icon! The captivate is clear sounding!

Hth,
Charlie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
thanks guys, so much **** being talked about in regards to this...likely have defective phones and don't want to return them....

Sounds about right! If they have a defective phone some stores give hell for returning it which could be the reason why they don't want to return it! I love my phone even with the occasional lockup and lag! No big deal to me because it works 99% perfectly!

Cheers,
Charlie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had really good call quality on mine.

The only problem is sometimes I don't notice that I hold it a little far away from my face, and I guess the screen goes on, and I accidentally hit a button. But that's my fault, not the phone's.

NeilQ

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
my wife and son have 3g iPhones and since getting the Captivate 2 wks ago, I haven't dropped a single call initiated by me - but several (~5) of the calls initiated by those iPhones have dropped. But, this might not be a fair comparison as wife/son have been on the road and I was in town when their calls dropped.

the noisy librarian

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Captivate about 2 weeks ago. Call quality is great - much better than the Moto Razr I had previously - and the handsfree set that came with the phone is surprisingly good as well. I live in an area where service is sometimes a bit wonky, but I haven't had a single dropped call with the Captivate yet. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21