Messaging Notification Problem

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I get a text, it says who the text is by and the text in a scrolling marquee on the top. And then when I pull down the notification menu, it shows a different name (A wrong name, I might add), but the correct text/timestamp. I hit it, and it takes me to the correct conversation in the Messaging app, and it shows the correct name there.

Anybody else getting this problem?

Also, sometimes (Less often than the aforementioned problem) in the Messaging app, I hit a conversation to enter it, but it takes me to a different conversation with a different person. First few times I just thought I hit the wrong part of the screen, but then I noticed it happening more, so I payed attention, and I actually am hitting the right conversation (It highlights, as if to say I'm about to enter it, but then goes into a different conversation).

EDIT: Here are two pictures of the first problem. (I blacked out their last names/Pictures)

1ibc4g.png

35mgz6o.png

Last edited:

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
ive had something similar. the name shows up right on the bar up top, but when i open the messaging app, its the wrong name and number up top. it has freaked me out a few times.

BetaRoc

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
In NY White pages

12598th most common Aneesa; is 12599th most common Aneita; is 12600th most common Anjani

Only one place separates both of those names on your screen. Kinda random and weird.

Wish I had more of a solution for you.

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Both of those are friends...It's not displaying a random name. I have them both in my contacts list.

It happens with other people also...It just happened with them right there, so I took a picture of it.

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
You could double check the contacts list and make sure that they are not linked by mistake - i doubt this is it. I have heard of other android phones suffering a similar bugs - seems manufacturer related, not Android.

Try to report it Samsung.

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
You could double check the contacts list and make sure that they are not linked by mistake - i doubt this is it. I have heard of other android phones suffering a similar bugs - seems manufacturer related, not Android.

But it's not just those two contacts. It would be weirder if it kept happening to just them two...but it's not. It can happen to any two contacts that I have an open conversation with in the messaging app.

myk26

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure this is much help to the situation...

But I had this happen to me (on a rare occasion) on my old flip-phone (coincidently a Samsung as well). I'd get the exact same error, where my initial notification would be from one contact, yet when I opened it and read the text it was from another contact.

Not sure if that would be a manufacturer thing....or possibly an At&t thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae