Hello all. I originally got a Bold 9700 then got the Captivate. I still have the Bold. I was wondering if I was to switch the SIM card to the Bold, would The bold still function all as normal? I have unlimited MMS, SMS and the 200MB Data Plan. Im wondering about this? I might like to swap out here and there. Im new with AT&T. Always been a Verizon Subscriber and they dont have Sim cards. Thanks guys.
    08-11-2010 07:49 PM
    yes u can.. but you'll have to call att or stop at a store and have them switch your account back to the bold, BB use different type data so some things might not work properly just by switching.. all u need to do is call them and tell them your going to be using your bold and give them the IMEI num on the back.. no big deal.. or u can stop by a store and they can do it for u
    08-11-2010 08:25 PM
    I figured that. But even though the 200MB Plan I have I also had with the Bold. I just bought the Captivate and kept everything the same. So I still have to call?
    08-11-2010 08:52 PM
    You can just swap if you want to use the device. Just remember that you will not have any BIS service. That is what he is talking about.
    08-11-2010 09:15 PM
    You can just swap if you want to use the device. Just remember that you will not have any BIS service. That is what he is talking about.
    What he said. Both plans you were on had the same data usage but the Blackberry plan is set up to allow BIS (Blackberry Internet Service a.k.a. personal email), PIN to PIN and Blackberry Messenger. What you could do is have them put you on the Blackberry plan instead of a Smartphone plan and you should be able to do both as long as the system doesn't do a sweep and catch the SIM in your Captivate as both plans have WAP access which is all the Smartphone plan has. This is why putting a SIM in a Blackberry provisioned only for Smartphone allows the MEdia Net browser to work as it is WAP.
    08-12-2010 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD