Battery Results

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
you didnt use it that much though did you? the most i've gotten so far with moderate use was around 17 hours and i was down to like 3 percent battery.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The most I've gotten before I charged my phone was 29 hours. I think I was down to 9% by then. I didn't really use the phone that much during that time. Just a few texts and google talk messages. I rarely use the phone for actual phone calls (go figure) so it's never listed in the battery usage stats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

lthomas926

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Our emails are about the same, as far as texts go I send/receive 150 a day easily. Voice calls around 30 minutes. And 1-2 browsing on 3G seems to me wifi uses more battery might be due to weak signal. Also updating apps on market and sports tap and scorecenter running sending notifications. (Testing both to see what one is better and more reliable) This is my second captivate as first one shut off randomly and battery would drain in 5 hours doing nothing, got new phone because they did not have any spare batteries. Sorry for rambling on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

writerman

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been off the charger for 18 hours and I'm down to 26%. Here's how I used it today: Shot about 50 photos, 4 videos (720p) averaging about 3 1/2 min. each, uploaded 4 photos to Facebook over 3G, logged about 30 min. of browsing over 3G, updated 4 apps over 3G, 30-35 emails, and about 20 minutes of talk-time.

nyeark

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Your battery life should get better in time, mine certainly has. I read other threads on these forums that recommended fully draining the battery till the phone dies then charging it back up a few times; I did that and it seems to have helped quite a bit.

I do a lot of browsing, using wifi whenever possible, and use newsfeed (buzzbox) and cragislist (craigsnotifica) apps that update on their own, in addition to texts, gtalk, mail, etc. At first I couldn't get halfway through the day without the phone dipping low, but now it'll go all day and I'll still have 20-30% left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781