How to Remove Junk Default Programs?

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of programs installed by AT&T for which you have to sign up and pay. How can I remove them or their icons off the program screen since I do not want to use them?

It depends...

Do you want to get elbow deep into it like some of us, or do you want to keep it fairly stock?

If you want to stay stock, you'll need to just ignore them and put apps that you are actually going to use on one of the homescreens, and just don't go to your app list very often.

Otherwise, you can root the device and do pretty much anything you want.

Please see the ROMs/Hacks section in this forum for the latter.

Chief Beefalo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes.. Swiping them down seems to solve the touch problems... once you get used to doing it, it is a breeze. I had been frustrated by their lack of sensitivity as well... the swipe solved it for me.

And to answer your original question, if you don't want to root, you can at least use Launcher Pro to hide any applications you don't want to use or see. They will still be installed on your phone, but if your only reason for rooting would be to get rid of the crapware applications that come on the device, you could just use the application hide feature built into launcher Pro...

Just a suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2