Captivate Power Button for Camera use?

Chief Beefalo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is any solution out there for this? I would really like to be able to use the power button on the captivate for the camera... It is positioned almost perfectly for this, and it is awkward having to hit the touch screen button to take a picture.

This should have been a built in feature in my opinion.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Camera Zoom FX allows you to remap some keys, I know you can use a volume rocker for the camera key buy I refunded it because I didn't want to spend the $$ but now wish I would have tried it 'upside-down'. If someone can confirm that it will work like that it could be a reasonable solution, albeit not free.

Anyhow, I know the native camera app will allow the power button to be customized for something (lock the screen) so it seems reasonable that they could have included an option for it to act as a shutter button. I really hope someone figures a way to do this in software.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ok I bought the app again, no it won't rotate with the accelerometer, but it is a lot easier to customize to make the phone a more useful camera, it is not very hard to get used to the shutter on the bottom instead of the top and I am finding the app a lot more responsive than Vignette which I also own. Only major drawback is you are limited to 3mp. But honestly I'm ok with that if I get better stability in general, I am not liking an on screen shutter button at all so this is a compromise I'm willing to make until there is another solution.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
A fool and his money are soon parted. The zoom doesn't look to work correctly, and I think the default app takes less shaky pictures maybe. Camera Zoom FX does snap shots more quickly, anyhow I am trying and buying probably every halfway decent photo app available.

Chief Beefalo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm.. thanks for reply. It really is ridiculous to me that this feature is not built in... It's just not that complicated. I dunno... I may head over to xda... someone is bound to be able to make a custom rom for this or something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane