Battery life tip!

Wakefulpanda

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this has been posted but I found a little interesting item on my captivate.

I was always seeing my display taking up 80-90% of battery when looking under battery usage.

The other day a friend said to me don't use haptic feedback it eats battery like a champ on the Galaxy S phones. So he shut it off for me.

For the past couple of days with really heavy usage my display is reading about 50-55% battery usage and I am able to get through a whole day (about 12-16) hours of heavy usage and game playing.

I'm no expert and I don't know why disabling the haptic feedback would have an effect on the reporting of the display but it did and battery life has improved dramatically.

So just a little tip for you guys to try.

Last edited:

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Is that the setting for vibration feedback? Makes sense, since its a physical response and probably takes more battery. I just changed it myself and hope it helps.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I may have to try this out f others have good luck with it. I just hate having to turn features off to make the battery last. I love the haptic feedback!

bluffing024

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The haptic feedback isn't one of those things I'd be ok with turning off. To me, it's what makes the touchscreen keyboard usable. I had terrible battery life through the first few cycles, but it's great now, plus I have an OEM Samsung battery that is at 100% waiting if I need it. It's worth the money.

BetaRoc

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It was one of the first things I turned off when I got the phone. I don't need the phone to vibrate when I touch it.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
what I did was turn it down in the settings instead of off. Not sure if it will make a difference. Also I took the advice on optimization here and at android forums and there is a Captivate forum Samsung Captivate Forum
Not many people go there but there are things I found useful. Also Android Forums has lots of good stuff. ;)

Last edited: