DIVX won't play on my Captivate

Wakefulpanda

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I never have to convert any of my video files. I have tons of movies, tv shows, cartoons etc that I have downloaded over the years on my computer. Each night I drag over some stuff into a videos folder on my phone and watch it while I sit at work. Never had an issue with a file that couldn't play and they are all types of files. In-fact I am currently watching Sopranos each night and they are all AVI files.

EDIT: Now I'm curious could this be some kind of fluke? Are these files I'm playing really not .AVI files? These are the two episodes I watched last night on my phone.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7442/avifiles.png

Last edited:

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
.AVI files can be MPEG4 videos which would play fine on your Captivate (avi can also be DIVX).

The DivX press release refers to the Galaxy S phone as being certified. I'm pretty sure this is just a reference to the Samsung branded European Galaxy S phone, not the US telco tied ones like the Captivate.

I just downloaded several DivX based AVI files and none of them play in the stock video player on the Captivate.

I think people are to often confusing Samsung's Galaxy S phone press releases as referring to all Galaxy S series phones and not just the specific European Galaxy S phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo