Where! AT&T charging a monthly fee?

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Where! - I have seen this app reviewed on other sites and heard people talking about it. It comes preloaded on the Samsung Captivate yet when I launch its. I am prompted with a dialog that AT&T will charge me $9.99 a month to use it. Why is this? I thought it was a free app.

After searching Google I see that Where! charges the monthly service Fee through AT&T. I just couldnt find that on there site. IF a mod could delete this thread. Thank you :)

Last edited:

djjager

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Not free at ALL. This actually never prompted me and I found it as a subscription on my first phone bill. I thought it was a cool app, but Places and Google Maps covers it all anyway.

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Where is ok, it was free on my pre, but there are a ton of things you can use to get the same info. believe me on android you won't miss it. the only thing you might not find easily is the board feature where everyone bs's everyone else about bs...

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
There are a bunch of Crap Apps loaded on this phone from At&t that you can't get rid of unless you root it.

Look out for the music service
the navigator
Where service
and a couple others. They all add to your bill.

Replace them with
Download Google maps (which includes a "Where" like built in along with turn by turn voice navigation)
Amazon music
Around Me

I called them up and *****ed that these things never explicitly say what the charges are up front.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary