Where's our update AT&T?? Sprint has already sent one??

mikenas01

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you should learn more about your phone and update it yourself , i dont know why you are waiting for a fix when it is already out . I have a vibrant and i have no problems but then again mine is rooted and my lag and gps fix have no problems. Look it up on the xda site

atlkr5

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was waiting for the fix also and have given it until the end of the month for at least a announcement that of an expected date.

I don't think I should have to manipulate a high end phone for the basic functionality to work. I think it is more principal for me, I payed for it, make it work.

So besides the Lag and GPS issues, where are the car docks, desktop dock, and some other great accessories that go with a high-end phone.

Motorola Droid X Car dock, desktop dock, car mode and many others were all released with the phone.

The problem I see with all of the android phones is the variety of accessories. The big fruit has so many accessories that the market is flooded with anything you would need for a iFonny, b/c they have a limited line of hardware.
On the other hand the Android world has so many different devices that no one is focused on one particular item or vendor.

So, if Samsung wants to be a power house they have to act like it and get things moving, not only for accessories but fixes to know problems.

hayesb2

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you should learn more about your phone and update it yourself , i dont know why you are waiting for a fix when it is already out . I have a vibrant and i have no problems but then again mine is rooted and my lag and gps fix have no problems. Look it up on the xda site

I'm waiting for a fix because I'm holding out hope that at&t and samsung will actually do something. Its ridiculous if the expectation is up front for us to hack the phones to get them to work correctly. The point of the post was not to argue whether it makes sense to hack vs wait for an official fix, the point was the fact that the captivate has been out much longer than the epic, yet the epic has already received its first update.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was waiting for the fix also and have given it until the end of the month for at least a announcement that of an expected date.

I don't think I should have to manipulate a high end phone for the basic functionality to work. I think it is more principal for me, I payed for it, make it work.

So besides the Lag and GPS issues, where are the car docks, desktop dock, and some other great accessories that go with a high-end phone.

Motorola Droid X Car dock, desktop dock, car mode and many others were all released with the phone.

The problem I see with all of the android phones is the variety of accessories. The big fruit has so many accessories that the market is flooded with anything you would need for a iFonny, b/c they have a limited line of hardware.
On the other hand the Android world has so many different devices that no one is focused on one particular item or vendor.

So, if Samsung wants to be a power house they have to act like it and get things moving, not only for accessories but fixes to know problems.

Most of what you mention above is handled by 3rd party manufacturers and retailers, not Apple and AT&T.

As the captivate grows in popularity, more products will start to hit the market.

As for GPS and lag, the casual user (the vast majority of AT&T customers) is fine with how these perform from day 1. An update will come out to fix the issues, but a fix is already available to those who "need" them and are willing to put forth a little bit of effort.

n2dp

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

There is no ?fix?, only a few ?alterations? to what comes on the phone. You should not have to be a ?hacker? or ?developer to own a phone and have it perform as advertised. Samsung should not be so lax in updates. The fixes that people are asking for have nothing to do with AT&T and should not need their ?approval? to correct. This is my second go with Samsung and could very well be my last. Hell, AMD/ATI updates their products on a monthly basis. It might not be a phone, but they keep it working.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
There is no ?fix?, only a few ?alterations? to what comes on the phone. You should not have to be a ?hacker? or ?developer to own a phone and have it perform as advertised.

More importantly: You should not have to void your warranty to have it work as advertised.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
OMG people you do not have to be a hacker or root the phone to get the GPS fix you just have to wait patiently for Samsung to send us the firmware update. I could understand all the complaints if it was just the Captivate with the GPS issues but its not. It is all Samsung Galaxy S models world wide.

So sit back crack open a beer or 20...:) and relax.

<SlappyMcgee> passes a beer to icebike.

BetaRoc

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
1) I agree that I shouldn't have to hack my phone to get it to perform correctly.
2) I agree that one of the things I miss the most about my iphone are the sheer plethora of accessories (and Words with Friends, lol)

That being said...I am more than happy with my new Droid phone and am more than patient to wait for whatever 'fix'/'update' that is coming down the pipe. If it looks like they never will, then I am more than capable of either hacking my phone or switching to a model that has better support.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
In my dining room:

snap20100917_144307.png

GPS works fine.

borains

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Software Update

Just did a software update on my Captivate and rebooted. Went into "about phone" and it says firmware version is "2.1-update1"
Kernel version is "2.6.29 jetaek.lee@sep-11 #2"
I don't know what was listed before the update sorry...
Gps is MUCH more responsive and I'm even getting a lock in my home. GPS Test app locks within about 5~7 seconds (in the house) with 4-7 sats in the green. I was getting no GPS signals before in the house. Google Maps finally working with close accuracy (10 ft.). Hope this helps!!!

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I did the GPS fixes that were out the first couple of weeks after the Captivate was released but I still have problems about 25-30% of the time. Have you done any additional tweaks to yours?

I am running Captivate firmware version JH7 (stock was JF6) alog with some fixes that were put in place by some developers over at XDA-Developers.com and then combined by a user named Designgears.

It is all Samsung official stuff with some tweaking here and there by programmers. Technically Samsung can void warranties over it, but since it is simple to return your phone to the exact software/firmware it was shipped with it is highly unlikely they would should you need to return the device. Basically it is like HP voiding your PC warranty for installing software that they don't want you to have.

You can wait for Samsung to finish its exhaustive testing of updates, then wait for AT&T to test it once it has been handed off to them... or you can get what has been put together and tested by thousands of android owners ranging from seasoned hackers to casual users. I guarantee you Samsung and AT&T don't have a testing team as extensive as the xda-developers community...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995