Turn off the "Full charge" notification?

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I plug my Captivate in to charge when I go to sleep. And then a couple of hours later, it powers up the screen and goes bing-bing to tell me that it is fully charged please unplug the charger.

Surely, I'm not the only phone user who plugs it in to recharge overnight--and doesn't want my phone to wake me up to discuss that!

Is there a way to disable the charge notification?

rsperko

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Until I find the setting I have created a Tasker task to disable that notification when it hits full charge. Hopefully someone will post here were to find the setting to disable this.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Go to the dialer pad, and enter the following: *#197328640# to enter service mode. Somewhere in there should be a setting to disable this pop up. If you find it, please post.

azan

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Until I find the setting I have created a Tasker task to disable that notification when it hits full charge. Hopefully someone will post here were to find the setting to disable this.

Would you mind posting your Tasker profile settings. I've tried to create something in Tasker to disable the notification, but I'm not well versed enough with the program.

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Would you mind posting your Tasker profile settings. I've tried to create something in Tasker to disable the notification, but I'm not well versed enough with the program.

I'd love to see that too! The damn notice actually wakes me up because the screen is suddenly so much brighter. I use Tasker to dim the phone and place it in silent mode but then the notification undoes the brightness setting.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried the steps in the above link on the cappy?

yes, but after i enter the first code, press home, clear code, then enter the 2nd code, i don't get a box asking for the SPC code - nothing happens.
i'm wondering that since the JH7 update killed LBStestmode from the dialer, this may not work either from the dialer. :(

Go into the Dialer and enter *#83786633 then press the Home key
Go back into the phone dialer (clear first code) and enter *#22745927
Now a box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000
Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Verizon uses SPC codes and MSL codes. Apparently Sprint does not use SPC (read further along in that thread) and I am assuming ATT doesn't either. To get into the hiddenmenu I bet you have to request the codes from ATT.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
To solve this problem I always put mine on the charger as soon as I get home from work and it's fully charged by the time I go to bed. Even with moderate to heavy use throughout the next day I don't have to recharge it again until I get home that evening. Works everytime! :cool:

wAnted

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Cognition 2.2 froyo beta 5.5 cooked room. It removes the battery full and battery low sounds. It also removes the start up and power down att and galaxy s sounds. Made my migraine go away.

IvanWatkins

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The stupid thing about this is that they want us to unplug the phone to conserve energy yet at the same time they give us smart phones with stupid batteries that require frequent re-charging.

Go figure...

Ivan

jcd0914

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just go to the notifications pull down and activate "silent" so that only alarms and media are heard.. then undo in morning. Simple.

TheBronze

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I use RingLeader to manage my sound profiles. I have a silent one set up for night time that I enable. As for the annoying screen lighting up, just put the phone face down when you go to sleep...:eek:

myalover

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend mentioned this about her Captivate as well. However, to further the problem, she is having troubles with the phone if she does leave it plugged in the entire night.

The sound didn't bother her so much. But now if she leaves it plugged in over night, her Captivate will turn itself off multiple times the next day. VERY annoying. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech